U.S. Citizen Services
U.S. Citizen Services in Erbil
At this time, Consulate General Erbil does not provide routine American Citizen Services.
For information on routine citizen services, including passports and notary services, please visit the U.S. Embassy Baghdad’s website. If you have an emergency (such as death, serious injury, abduction, or imminent threat to safety), please phone us at one of the numbers listed below.
After Hours Emergencies:
To contact the U.S. Consulate General in Erbil:
From Iraq: 0770-443-1100 (Erbil)
From the United States: 011-964-770-443-1100 (Erbil)
To contact the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad:
From Iraq: 0770-443-1286 (Baghdad)
From the United States: 011-964-770-443-1286 (Baghdad)
This is a list of recent messages - emergency and routine - we sent to notify U.S. citizens of specific conditions in Iraq. Please do not forget to check the Department of State's Travel Warning for Iraq, most recently updated on August 9, 2012.
- Strict Enforcement of Procedures and Authorizations (01/11/2012)
- Worldwide Caution (7/18/2012)
- Travel Warning (08/09/2012)
- Cholera Prevention Information (10/18/2012)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens (11/6/2012)
- Possible Demonstrations in Jordan Following Fuel Subsidy Removal (11/14/2012)
- Updated Security Message for U.S. Citizens (11/15/2012)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Threat Information forBaghdad and Kirkuk (12/28/2012)
- SMS Text Alerts
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Threat Information for
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Risk of Terror Attack and